About Social Work Week
Social Work Week is a programme of events from Social Work England, the social work sector, and people with lived experience of social work.
About Social Work Week
Social Work Week 2024 will take place from Monday 18 to Friday 22 March 2024, and will bring people together to learn, connect, and influence change. Now in its fourth year, this will build on the previous discussions in past years. This includes recognising World Social Work Day on Tuesday 19 March.
- Learn: sharing the breadth of good practice from a diverse profession
- Connect: lived, learned, and professional experiences – creating opportunities for the sector to connect
- Influence: understanding challenges and successes in the sector and exploring innovative solutions
Who is Social Work Week for?
Social Work Week is aimed at all those with an interest in social work in England, including (all of the following):
- social workers, including those practising and those looking to return to the profession
- people with lived experience of social work
- social work students
- employers of social workers
- social work educators
- organisations with an interest in or influence on social work
- government and policy officials
- stakeholder and partner organisations
- Social Work England employees
Through hosting Social Work Week, we hope to:
- use this national moment to inform and educate the public on what social work is and why it is regulated
- co-produce the week with those with lived and learned experience, ensuring that the programme reflects the diversity of social work practice and the voices of people who have social work in their lives
- listen to the experiences of social workers and people with lived experience, so that we have a rich picture of professional practice to draw from, to further our work to embed our professional standards
- encourage ownership of the week locally, by having a programme of events developed and delivered independently to those hosted by Social Work England
- bring together leaders across one social work profession, sharing regional and national intelligence on the challenges, influencing discussions on collective solutions
Contribute to Social Work Week 2024
Building on the success of previous years, we would like to see as many events as possible taking place again during Social Work Week 2024. This is why we want representatives from across the social work sector and others with an interest in social work to get involved.
We are asking those interested in delivering a session as part of the programme to submit an expression of interest. We’d love to hear from organisations and individuals delivering social work services and people with lived or learned experience of social work.