Let us know if you agree to cookies

We use cookies to give you the best online experience. Please let us know if you agree to all cookies.

Skip to main navigation

Skip to main content

Concerns overview

Information about how to raise a concern about a social worker and how we deal with concerns. 

Raise a concern online

The quickest and easiest way for most people to raise a concern with us is by using our online form.

Other ways to raise a concern

You can raise a concern over the phone or via post if you're not able to use the online form.

When to complain to an employer

Some concerns cannot be investigated by us and are best dealt with by the social worker's employer.

Other organisations that can help

If we're not able to investigate your concerns, there may be other organisations that can help you.

After you've raised a concern

For more information about what happens after you've raised a concern about a social worker.

How we deal with concerns

For more information about how we investigate serious concerns about the conduct and competence of social workers.

Social workers under investigation

A guide for social workers explaining each stage of the fitness to practise process and what to expect.

If you need support

If you need support, including financial, legal and emotional, these organisations may be able to help you.


View or download our fitness to practise guidance.

Back to top