Let us know if you agree to cookies

We use cookies to give you the best online experience. Please let us know if you agree to all cookies.

Skip to main navigation

Skip to main content

Contact details

You can contact us 9am to 5pm Monday, Wednesday, Thursday and Friday and 10am to 5pm (BST) Tuesday (excluding bank holidays).

We’re currently updating the register

This means that some social workers may still have a ‘registered until’ date of 30 November 2021 whilst the register is updated. If your registration status has not been updated yet, you can continue to practise as a social worker whilst the register is being updated.

If your registration has not been renewed and your status is now ‘No longer registered – failure to renew’ you must not practise as a social worker. If you want to return to the register, you must apply to restore your registration through your online account.

We're currently experiencing high volumes of enquiries. If you have any questions, please read more about what happens after you apply to renew your registration.

Get in touch

Website support 

If you're having website issues, read our website support guide. You may also want to read our online account guide.


[email protected]

Phone number (registration and advice)

0808 196 2274

Outside the UK

+44 (0) 808 196 2274

We have a zero tolerance approach to any aggression, manipulation or threat towards our staff. We promote mutual respect and our staff are committed to treating everyone with respect at all times. We ask that you show them respect too.

Opening hours

9am to 5pm (BST) Monday, Wednesday, Thursday and Friday and 10am to 5pm (BST) Tuesday (excluding bank holidays)


1 North Bank, Blonk Street, Sheffield, S3 8JY, UK

Phone number (corporate and office enquiries)

+44 (0)808 196 2272

Safeguarding and services

You should contact your local council or NHS trust if you:

  • are worried about a child or adult
  • need access to health care
  • are unhappy about services you, or another person, are receiving (contact their complaints team)

Find your local council

Find NHS services near you

If you're worried about someone and it's an emergency, contact the police. We do not directly manage safeguarding concerns.

Fitness to practise concerns

If you have concerns about a social worker's fitness to practise, you should raise a concern with us. Read more about what we can investigate.

If you have concerns about another regulated professional, for example a doctor or a nurse, these organisations may be able to help.

What we do with personal data

For information about what we do with personal data see our privacy notice.

Back to top