Providing goods and services
The procurement team at Social Work England adopt a range of sourcing approaches to meet our requirements. We want to make sure that the goods and services we buy offer value for money for the public purse, comply with the current UK and EU legislation, government accounting guidelines and good commercial practice.
As part of our strategy we have in place an agreed a set of best practice principles which ensure that we act in an ethically and commercially responsible way in our all contractual arrangements.
Adhering to these principles is an integral part of the procurement process for us.
Our procurement principles:
- adhere to a procurement process which is equitable, lawful and compliant with current legislation
- seek value for money and the minimisation of risk through fair open and transparent procurement processes
- harness the capability, diversity and innovation of our supplier to add value to our operational effectiveness and efficiency
- seek to be easy to do business with, in order to minimise costs, risks and time
- ensure the confidentiality of information entrusted to us while working with suppliers who also respect this practice
Future procurement opportunities
When procuring goods and services we will contract under our own terms and conditions, where applicable we will also make use of Crown Commercial Services and other Consortia frameworks.
Opportunities over £10,000 are advertised in contracts finder.
Current procurement opportunities
Social Work England do not currently have any procurement opportunities.
As part of the Governments drive for greater transparency of data across the public sector, we will publish data relating to staffing and expenditure in the following ways.
Spending over £25,000
We publish monthly reports with details of spending over £25,000.
Procurement card spending over £500
We publish monthly reports with details of procurement card spending over £500.
Procurement cards are by default set with a £500 single transaction limit. Expenditure over this amount is approved on a case by case basis.
Please see our terms and conditions.
Last updated: 28 November 2019