Let us know if you agree to cookies

We use cookies to give you the best online experience. Please let us know if you agree to all cookies.

Skip to main navigation

Skip to main content

Apply for restoration

Apply for restoration

Restoration is for people who want to apply to return to the register.

To apply, please complete and return the 'restoration' form to [email protected].

If it has been two or more years since you were registered, you’ll also need to complete and return the 'return to practice' form. This is to let us know how you’ve kept your skills and knowledge up-to-date.

Please note, you will not be able to practise as a social worker before your application has been approved and you have paid the fees.

View or download the restoration form

View or download the return to practice form

You may want to read the guidance on restoration

If you need help or have any questions at all, please call us on 0808 196 2274 or email [email protected].


Last updated: 23 January 2020