Collaboration is central to our work, from co-producing our organisation and formal consultations on big changes to engaging with social workers to understand trends across the country.
There are currently no live consultations. Please check back as we share new consultations regularly.
We're committed to our regulation being rooted in the values and principles that underpin the social work profession. Central to our work is collaboration and dialogue with anyone with an interest in social work, from co-producing our organisation and formal consultations on big changes to engaging with social workers to understand trends across the country.
We continue to work with everyone who has an interest in social work is by consulting on important issues. The feedback we receive is used to inform our work, generate new ideas and test our thinking. We consult on topics such as amendments to our rules and standards, policy changes and supporting guidance.
With every consultation we provide information on our website that details what we are consulting on, our thinking so far, and how people can get involved. Our consultations typically run for 12 weeks.
Once a consultation closes, we collate, read and analyse all the responses. All of the feedback is considered and supports us in reviewing our proposals. We publish a summary of this feedback alongside the final document. The summary sets out details of who responded and what they said, what we’ve changed and our reasoning.
There are many ways to respond to our consultations and we accept responses by email or post. For some consultations, there will be an online survey or dedicated consultation events.
If you have any questions about our consultations contact [email protected]
Read about how we're working with stakeholders through our regional engagement team.
When a consultation has ended and all documents have been published, our response is listed as an online publication:
- Consultation response on our strategy for 2023 to 2026 (new)
- Consultation response on readiness for professional practice
- Consultation response on education and training approval standards for approved mental health professionals (AMHPs) and approved mental capacity professionals (AMCPs)
- Consultation response on further amendments to our rules
- Consultation response on fitness to practise guidance and policy
- Consultation response on amendments to our rules
- Amendments to rules, electronic service and remote hearings consultation response
- CPD consultation response (2021)
- EU exit consultation
- Reshaping standards, enabling change
- CPD consultation response (2019)
- Fitness to practise consultation
- Applicant guidance consultation
Our responses to consultations
Our responses to consultations from other organisations.