Whilst registered as a social worker and working as an Approved Mental Health
Professional (“AMHP”) for the Exeter Day Service Team within Devon County Council and
Devon Partnership NHS Trust:
1. You accessed the Care First records of Service User A on one occasion in
March 2017; and
(a) At the time you accessed the records, you knew or suspected Service User A to
have been a person with whom you had previously had a sexual relationship;
(b) There was no justifiable reason for you to access the records;
(c) You did not report to your employer the fact that you had accessed the records
of Service User A who was known to you in a personal capacity.
2. You breached professional boundaries in that you had contact with a service user
(“Service User A”) in 2017 – 2018; and
(a) At the time of that contact, you knew Service User A to be vulnerable;
(b) At the time of that contact, you knew Service User A to be a service user;
(c) You did not report your contact with Service User A to your employer;
3. Your conduct at 2 above was sexually motivated.
4. Your actions described at each of paragraphs 1, 2 and 3 above amount to misconduct.
5. By reason of your misconduct, your fitness to practise is impaired.