Let us know if you agree to cookies

We use cookies to give you the best online experience. Please let us know if you agree to all cookies.

Skip to main navigation

Skip to main content

Guidance for EEA and Swiss applicants

For applicants who qualified in the EEA/Switzerland

All social workers who want to work in England have to be registered with Social Work England. This guidance is for people from the EEA and Switzerland who would like to apply to join the register.

If you’re a citizen of Switzerland or a European Economic Area (EEA) member state, or if you have EU enforceable rights (for example, through marriage), you can use your social work qualifications to practise social work in England.

View or download the EEA/Swiss applicant guidance

Last updated: 27 May 2020