Information about how we monitor courses to make sure that they meet our education and training standards.
We monitor approved education and training courses annually to make sure that they continue to meet our education and training standards.
As an education provider, you need to make sure that that your course enables graduates to meet our professional standards.
You also need to make sure you that have told us about any changes to the course at the earliest opportunity. This means that you should not wait until annual monitoring to tell us about a change.
Complete your annual monitoring forms by 27 November
All course providers are required to submit a return of the information as part of the approval and monitoring of social work courses in England. This is done using the annual monitoring form. Our annual monitoring guidance offers support and information to help you to understand the annual monitoring process.
In addition, this year we will also conduct a data collection to capture relevant information about social work higher education which will include any changes that have been made to your course as a result of COVID-19, and a data collection about equality and diversity of learners.
The deadline for the 2020 annual return is 5pm on Friday 27 November 2020.
We will review the information you have submitted to decide whether there is enough evidence to show that the course continues to meet our education and training standards.
We will aim to get back to you with an outcome of the review within 28 calendar days.
We may decide that:
- enough evidence has been provided to show that the course meets our standards
- we haven’t received enough evidence to show how the course meets our standards and we need you to submit further evidence
- we haven’t received enough evidence to show how the course meets our standards and an onsite inspection is needed
If we need to carry out an inspection as part of annual monitoring, we will discuss this with you. You can read more about inspections.
If we think that your course does not meet our standards following an inspection, we may apply conditions.
If we decide to apply conditions, we will let you know:
- what conditions we have decided to attach to your course
- how you can demonstrate how you have met or are meeting the conditions
- the action we’ll take once we decide that the conditions are met
- the action we’ll take if we decide the conditions are not met
As we move towards implementing our 2020 education and training standards, our processes will change.
Last updated: 29 September 2020