Let us know if you agree to cookies

We use cookies to give you the best online experience. Please let us know if you agree to all cookies.

Important: Annual renewal opens on 1 September. Check your details are up-to-date on your online account now.

Skip to main navigation

Skip to main content

Raise a concern as a member of the public

You may be raising concerns about your own care or acting on behalf of a friend or relative, or as a carer. If you are a social worker, and you want to raise a concern about another social worker, please complete the form for members of the public. 

What we investigate

These are examples of concerns that we can investigate:

What we can't do:

We can't:

If we can't help

Before raising your concern, please make sure that we are the most appropriate organisation to help you.

We can consider concerns that are serious enough to raise doubts about a social worker's fitness to practise. If your concern is not about a social worker’s fitness to practise, you should raise it with their employer directly. You can read more about when to complain to the social worker’s employer.

To help you understand what we mean by 'fitness to practise' you may find it helpful to read our professional standards. The standards set out the requirements that we expect social workers to meet to be 'fit to practise'. 

Complaints about social care services or employers of social workers are the responsibility of other regulators such as the Care Quality Commission and Ofsted.  

You can read more about other organisations that may be able to help you with a concern.

Last updated: 19 March 2021

Back to top