Hearings and decisions
Upcoming hearings and decisions made by our adjudicators
This page lists decisions made by our adjudicators. If you are looking for a decision that was made before December 2019 (by the previous regulator, HCPC) you can search for the social worker's registration details. Please note, some hearing outcomes may not be available online due to them falling outside of our own and/or the HCPC's publication policy. Please email us for further information.
Whilst employed at East Sussex County Council (“the Council”) as a Social Worker, you:
1. Did not declare to the Council, in a timely manner, a conflict of interest in relation to:
a. your private business;
b. person A’s business.
2. Demonstrated poor professional judgment in that you:
a. between approximately October 2014 and 25 November 2015, undertook work in relation to your private business without seeking prior approval and/or did not notify the Council prior to establishing your private business.
b. in 2016, sought to recommend Person A’s business for a Service user of the Council.
3. Breached confidentiality in that you sent sensitive information relating to service users to:
a. your private email address.
i. On 12 November 2014;
ii. On 15 April 2016.
b. Person A’s private email address on 10 December 2015.
4. Your actions as described in paragraphs 1-3 were dishonest.
5. The matters alleged in particulars 1 – 4 amount to misconduct.
6. By reason of that misconduct, your fitness to practise as a Social Worker is impaired.