Management information (MI) analyst
Job reference number: 190
We're looking for an MI analyst to help maintain and develop our management information approach, supporting the senior MI analyst to deliver the management information strategy and facilitate the successful implementation of our business plan and strategy.
You will have impact across the entire organisation, helping managers understand and get value from their data, as well as producing reporting for senior leaders and the board.
Our MI team is a small, supportive team consisting of 2 MI analysts, a senior MI analyst and an insight and analytics manager. The MI team is central to and serves the whole organisation providing management information both for the organisation and the sector. The team is responsible for developing and maintaining reports and proving insights across the business.
£28,917 per year, rising to £30,983 per year after successful completion of a 6-month probationary period.
Our offices are in Sheffield. We offer a hybrid model of working subject to business needs, so a mix of office working and working from home.
What you will do
- Work with the senior MI analyst to contribute to the planning, design and implementation of an effective insight and analysis strategy for the organisation
- Consult with stakeholders at all levels across the organisation to identify MI reporting requirements for regular or ad hoc reports and analysis, then developing these reports using business intelligence tools (predominantly Power BI)
- Write regular reports on organisational performance for managers and senior leaders
- Work with the senior MI analyst to develop specifications for complex BI reports and reviewing and validating those reports to ensure quality and compliance with specs
- Analyse management information to identify patterns and trends and provide insightful recommendations to internal managers and senior leaders
- Work with users of the BI system across the organisation at all levels to ensure they can access the data they need and understand it clearly
- Monitor and escalate data quality issues to the internal information technology and governance teams
- Produce monthly reporting packs for directorate and board-level to describe organisational performance and inform management and senior leadership decision making
- Act as the first point of contact for external data requests and statutory requirements
Your skills and knowledge
- A degree with a statistical component or the equivalent relevant professional experience
- Experience of turning raw data into insightful management information
- Experience of developing management information tools or corporate performance frameworks
- The ability to design management information reports using business intelligence tools
- Experience of producing performance reports for senior audiences
- The ability to identify and clearly communicate the key findings from complex analytical work
- Experience of working collaboratively to achieve team success
- Strong knowledge of statistical analysis techniques
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both oral and written including the ability to communicate complex ideas
- The ability to work autonomously and work on own initiative
- A demonstrable commitment to equality and diversity in service delivery
If you have any queries about the appointment process, please contact [email protected].
How to apply
Interview date: TBC
At interview we will seek to further understand your skills, knowledge, experience and motivation and test the key competencies of the role. If you are successful, we will undertake routine security checks.
Want to know more about the role?
If you would like to discuss the role, please contact Alexandra Hayward-Miller: