Digital services coordinator
Job reference: 223
Digital services coordinator
This role is critical to the successful delivery of our digital projects, assisting with all aspects of delivery to drive a project from inception to the point it goes live.
The IT team make sure we identify and deliver the right digital solutions to support our business needs and ensure live services and their underlying infrastructure are secure and performant. Due to Social Work England being the latest health regulator in England, we are fortunate that we don’t have any legacy infrastructure or digital services and we use our interpretation of the Agile development methodology to underpin the development of our digital services.
This role, while being based within the IT team, will work across the whole organisation and with our third-party suppliers in a blended digital delivery team including product owners, subject matter experts, business analysts, developers, software testers, content designers, UX designers and user researchers.
This role is critical to the successful delivery of our digital projects, assisting with all aspects of delivery to drive a project from inception to the point it goes live. The role will play a key part in our commitment to being an innovative organisation, supporting delivery against a number of digital service projects across the organisation. The role will be involved in the analysis of customer requirements and in supporting, planning, and evaluating our digital service delivery.
£28,917 per year, rising to £30,983 per year after successful completion of a 6-month probationary period.
Our offices are in Sheffield. We offer a hybrid model of working subject to business needs, so a mix of office working and working from home.
What you will do
- Manage the operational aspects of digital service delivery, ensuring that plans are adhered to and activities are carried out to support the delivery of digital services against the plan
- Coordinate and lead on delivery planning, working with key stakeholders to understand dependencies and risks to delivery
- Provide business analysis support to the business analysis team, taking ownership of analysis activities on projects and where necessary, translating customer requirements into user stories so that developers can build solutions that meet our organisational needs
- Ensure that delivery of tasks are carried out efficiently and as planned, monitoring compliance against key quality gates and escalating where necessary
- Manage communication across the organisation to ensure that all stakeholders understand the changes and improvements that are being delivered, are clear on the associated timescales and understand their part in the process
- Liaise with external and internal stakeholders, including product owners, project managers and third-party suppliers, at each stage of delivery to ensure delivery issues are identified, resolved, or escalated in a timely manner
- Lead the development of our Product Owner Portal, which will help to ensure that product owners have all the tools they need to be effective in their role at their fingertips
- Ensure that all colleagues involved in the delivery of digital services understand their roles and responsibilities, providing supporting materials where necessary
- Manage super-user interaction points and feedback any outputs to the delivery team as necessary
- Be responsible for the continuous improvement of the digital delivery process at an operational level, identifying the root causes of issues in delivery and then managing actionable responses to ensure that they don’t happen again
- Plan and facilitate meetings with a cross-section of stakeholders and ensure actions are noted and delivered
- Ensure that delivery documentation (analysis/technical etc.) is created and stored using robust version control
- Support activities relating to our commitment to ensure our digital services are compliant with Government Digital Services service standards
Your skills, knowledge and experience
- An understanding of business analysis techniques and processes
- Experience of working as part of a team to deliver a digital change, ideally (although not essential) as part of an agile team
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, ability to draft clear and comprehensive correspondence
- Ability to analyse complex information and to present this in a concise and manageable format for a range of stakeholders
- The ability to recognise, anticipate and effectively deal with existing or potential conflicts at an individual or team level
- Excellent organisation and time management skills
- The ability to manage several different tasks while maintaining a consistent quality in accuracy and detail
- The ability to work on your own initiative and demonstrate flexibility
- Ability to work cross-organisationally, working well with others and responding positively, creatively and supportively to a variety of colleagues while maintaining high and consistent standards
- A positive attitude to problem solving and working with ambiguity
- A strong team player who enjoys working collaboratively and building relationship with colleagues, partners and other stakeholders across all levels to deliver results
- Commitment to continuous service improvement in suggesting and implementing more efficient ways of working and in learning and following improved ways of working
- A demonstrable commitment to equality and diversity in service delivery
If you have any queries about the appointment process or if you need any information or forms in an alternative format, please contact [email protected].
How to apply
Interview date: TBC
At interview we will seek to further understand your skills, knowledge, experience and motivation and test the key competencies of the role. If you are successful, we will undertake routine security checks.
Want to know more about the role?
If you would like to discuss the role, please contact Lauren Wagstaff: [email protected]