Business support officer x 3
Job reference: 218
These roles will provide a comprehensive, professional, proactive, customer focused business support service to the organisation, enabling services to meet their statutory and legal obligations and our business plan.
Our business needs are wide ranging so there’s a lot of variety to being a business support officer. Our roles require close attention to detail, good communication skills, problem solving and teamwork. Your sound judgement and organisational skills could be used to support an operational team involved in intelligence gathering, or a corporate team that ensures the organisation runs smoothly.
These roles offer great development opportunities including in project management. There are ongoing learning opportunities as well as the chance to join organisational wide groups and networks. We have a strong track record of internal promotions for people who want to progress.
These roles will also provide a comprehensive, professional, proactive, customer focused business support service to the organisation, enabling services to meet their statutory and legal obligations and our business plan.
There are 3 roles available.
£22,695 per year, rising to £23,695 per year after successful completion of a 6-month probationary period.
Our offices are in Sheffield. We offer a hybrid model of working subject to business needs, so a mix of office working and working from home.
What you will do
- Prepare written responses to internal and external enquiries in a timely way, ensuring they are clear, accurate and tailored to the needs of their audience
- Liaising with and providing stakeholders with information
- Proactively communicate to ensure questions and queries are addressed in good time and escalate as necessary
- Provide support for internal and external meetings by preparing agendas, collating and circulating documents, formatting presentations and spreadsheets, and taking minutes
- Manage general inboxes
- Action relevant follow up work from meetings and following up and escalating where needed
- Support time bound projects and task and finish groups
- Bring information together to inform meetings, take notes at meetings and update systems with agreed actions
- Create and maintain records with accuracy, maintain databases, produce spread sheets and generate reports that provide information in relation to a range of operational, matters
- Maintain and audit folders and databases to ensure safe and accurate storage, including filing and archiving, of information and files
- Support conferences, meetings or training events including bookings, arranging travel and accommodation
- Co-ordinate and support internal processes
Your skills, knowledge and experience
- Experience of providing administrative or project support
- Ability to draft documents and take minutes of meetings
- Excellent organisational skills and an efficient work style
- Ability to work autonomously and collaboratively with others
- Take responsibility of your own workload by planning and prioritising tasks to meet deadlines
- Good team player able to work with others to achieve a shared goal
- Excellent attention to detail
- Ability to maintain a professional approach and experience of working with confidential information
- A can do attitude with the ability to solve problem and think creatively
- Ability to produce and present information to different audiences
- Competence in MS Office software – Word, Excel, PowerPoint, SharePoint
- Respectful, professional, open and honest behaviour including a demonstrable commitment to inclusion and diversity
If you have any queries about the appointment process or if you need any information or forms in an alternative format, please contact [email protected].
How to apply
Interview date: TBC
At interview we will seek to further understand your skills, knowledge, experience and motivation and test the key competencies of the role. If you are successful, we will undertake routine security checks.
Want to know more about the role?
If you would like to discuss the role, please contact [email protected].